Number 40 is said 🔊, write in letters as follows: forty . Ordinal number 40th is said 🔊 and write: fortieth. Phone prefix +40 or 0040. The meaning of number 40: Basic maths, advanced mathematics and properties, computer science, numerology, codes and images, writing and naming in other languages, other interesting facts and comments. Number 40 in News.
Useful information about number 40
|The number 40 converted to a Mayan number is|
|Decimal and Mayan number conversions.|
40 kilograms (kg) = 88.2 pounds (lb)
40 pounds (lb) = 18.1 kilograms (kg)
40 kilometers (km) equals to 24.855 miles (mi).
40 miles (mi) equals to 64.374 kilometers (km).
40 meters (m) equals to 64.374 feet (ft).
40 feet (ft) equals 12.192 meters (m).
40 centimeters (cm) equals to 15.7 inches (in).
40 inches (in) equals to 101.6 centimeters (cm).
40° Fahrenheit (°F) equals to 104° Celsius (°C)
40° Celsius (°C) equals to 4.4° Fahrenheit (°F)
40 Horsepower (hp) equals to 29.42 kilowatts (kW)
40 kilowatts (kW) equals to 54.39 horsepower (hp)
Codes and images of the number 40Number 40 morse code: ....- -----
Sign language for number 40:
|Images of the number|
|Image (1) of the number||Image (2) of the number|
|There is no copyright for these images.
Number 40 infographic.
||More images, other sizes, codes and colors ...|
Gregorian, Hebrew, Islamic, Persian and Buddhist year (calendar)Gregorian year 40 is Buddhist year 583.
Buddhist year 40 is Gregorian year 503 a. C.
Gregorian year 40 is Islamic year -600 or -599.
Islamic year 40 is Gregorian year 660 or 661.
Gregorian year 40 is Persian year -583 or -582.
Persian year 40 is Gregorian 661 or 662.
Gregorian year 40 is Hebrew year 3800 or 3801.
Hebrew year 40 is Gregorian year 3720 a. C.
The Buddhist calendar is used in Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, and Burma. The Persian calendar is official in Iran and Afghanistan.
Share in social networks
Mathematics of no. 40
Multiplication table of 40
40 multiplied by two equals 80 (40 x 2 = 80).
40 multiplied by three equals 120 (40 x 3 = 120).
40 multiplied by four equals 160 (40 x 4 = 160).
40 multiplied by five equals 200 (40 x 5 = 200).
show multiplications by 6, 7, 8, 9 ...
Fractions: decimal fraction and common fraction
Fraction table of 40
Half of 40 is 20 (40 / 2 = 20).
One third of 40 is 13,3333 (40 / 3 = 13,3333 = 13 1/3).
One quarter of 40 is 10 (40 / 4 = 10).
One fifth of 40 is 8 (40 / 5 = 8).
show fractions by 6, 7, 8, 9 ...
Advanced math operations
The number 40 is not a prime number. The closest prime numbers are 37, 41.
40th prime number in order is 173.
Factorization and dividers
Factorization 2 * 2 * 2 * 5 = 40
Divisors of number 40 are 1 , 2 , 4 , 5 , 8 , 10 , 20 , 40
Total Divisors 8.
Sum of Divisors 90.
The second power of 402 is 1.600.
The third power of 403 is 64.000.
The square root √40 is 6,324555.
The cube root of 3√40 is 3,419952.
The natural logarithm of No. ln 40 = loge 40 = 3,688879.
The logarithm to base 10 of No. log10 40 = 1,60206.
The Napierian logarithm of No. log1/e 40 = -3,688879.
Trigonometric functionsThe cosine of 40 is -0,666938.
The sine of 40 is 0,745113.
The tangent of 40 is -1,117215.
Properties of the number 40Is a Friedman number: No
Is a Fibonacci number: No
Is a Bell number: No
Is a palindromic number: No
Is a pentagonal number: No
Is a perfect number: No
Number 40 in Computer Science
|Code type||Code value|
|Ascii||40 ascii is character (|
|Unix time||Unix time 40 is equal to Thursday Jan. 1, 1970, 12:40 a.m. GMT|
|IPv4, IPv6||Number 40 internet address in dotted format v4 0.0.0.40, v6 ::28|
|40 Decimal||= 101000 Binary|
|40 Decimal||= 1111 Ternary|
|40 Decimal||= 50 Octal|
|40 Decimal||= 28 Hexadecimal (0x28 hex)|
|More SHA codes related to the number 40 ...|
The meaning of the number 4 (four), numerology 4
Character frequency 4: 1
The meaning of the number 0 (zero), numerology 0
Character frequency 0: 1
Interesting facts about the number 40
- (40) Harmonia is asteroid number 40. It was discovered by H. M. S. Goldschmidt from Paris on 3/31/1856.
Aircrafts and flights
- 07/20/1981 the Somali Airlines plane, flight number 40, Fokker F27 Friendship 600 crashed in Bal''ad District, Somalia 44 passengers and 6 crew members died.
Areas, mountains and surfaces
- The total area of Prince of Wales Island is 12,872 square miles (33,339 square km). Country Canada (Nunavut). 40th largest island in the world.
Distances between cities
- There is a 25 miles (40 km) direct distance between Bekasi (Indonesia) and Tangerang (Indonesia).
- There is a 40 miles (64 km) direct distance between Benxi (China) and Fushun (China).
- There is a 40 miles (64 km) direct distance between Guankou (China) and Changsha (China).
- There is a 25 miles (40 km) direct distance between Huaibei (China) and Tongshan (China).
- There is a 25 miles (40 km) direct distance between Changshu City (China) and Suzhou (China).
- There is a 25 miles (40 km) direct distance between Chiba (Japan) and Tokyo (Japan).
- There is a 25 miles (40 km) direct distance between Jieyang (China) and Shantou (China).
- There is a 40 miles (63 km) direct distance between Kobe (Japan) and Kyoto (Japan).
- There is a 40 miles (64 km) direct distance between Xinxiang (China) and Zhengzhou (China).
- The CAC 40, which takes its name from the first automation system of the Paris Stock Exchange, is a French stock index, a benchmark for Euronext Paris. Read more .
In other fields
- It is the traditional Hebrew number for the duration of a trial of some kind, when times are tough and a person's faith is tested.
- 40 is the only number whose letters are in alphabetical order.
Mobile and telephony
- Number 40 or +40 or 0040 is a dial the international call prefix for Romania. (00/+) is dial the international call prefix.
- Forty '40' is a song by the Irish band U2, incorporated into the album War.
- '40 Dog ', in Spanish '40 perros', is the first and only single from the R & B / Hip-Hop duo Sweet' N Lo released in 1993 from their only album Pucker Up.
- '40' 'is a song by the Scottish Indie Rock band Franz Ferdinand.
- '40 Kinds of Sadness ', in Spanish '40 types of sadness', is the third and last single from Ryan Cabrera.
- UB40 is an English dub and reggae pop music group formed in Birmingham, England in 1978. The band's name is a reference to the Unemployment Benefits document that was signed in the UK during the band's formation. The form was Unemployment Benefit, Form 40.
- '40 Day Dream '/' Geez Louise 'is a single from' Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros'.
- '40 Oz 'is a song by the hip hop group Brokencyde.
- '40 Thieves ', in Spanish '40 thieves', is a song by the American punk pop band A Loss for Words (formerly Last Ride).
- '40 oz. Dream 'is a song by the American pop punk band Good Charlotte.
- The Bible uses 40 to denote completion.
- There are many references to '40 days and 40 nights' throughout the Bible. The most notable are the 40 days and nights of rain that caused Noah's flood.
- Jesus fasted for 40 days in the desert before being tempted by Satan.
- Jesus remained on earth for 40 days after his resurrection, appearing to the apostles and teaching them, before ascending to heaven.
- It represents a generation, and times of testing in the Bible. It rained for 40 days during the Flood. Moses spent 40 years in the desert, as did the children of Israel.
- Zirconium is the chemical element in the periodic table that has the symbol Zr and atomic number 40.
- The best athletes to wear number 40
Gale Sayers, NFL; Shawn Kemp, NBA; Rick Sutcliffe, MLB
Please write usIf you know something interesting about the number 40 or any natural number (positive integer), please write to us.
Number 40 in other languages
|Spanish:||🔊 (número 40)|
|German:||🔊 (Anzahl 40)|
|French:||🔊 (nombre 40)|
|Portuguese:||🔊 (número 40)|
|Chinese:||🔊 (数 40)|
|Other languages ...|
News to email
For this topic there are no comments.
Number 40 in News
|BBC: 'We spent 40 days in a cave without sunlight or watches'
The Deep Time study aims to see how humans can adapt to isolation and losing their sense of time. ...
May 3, 2021
|BBC: Myanmar coup: More than 40 children killed by military, rights group says
Save the Children tells of a "nightmare situation", with the youngest victim just seven years old. ...
April 1, 2021
|NyTimes: More than 40 states say they will meet or beat Biden’s May 1 deadline for vaccine eligibility for all adults.
The push to get Americans vaccinated has picked up momentum in recent days. ...
March 24, 2021
|NyTimes: The Louvre Recovers Armor Pieces Stolen Nearly 40 Years Ago
At the end of May 1983, two pieces of Italian Renaissance armor went missing. The circumstances around their disappearance still remain a mystery. ...
March 6, 2021